Integrity and compliance with laws and regulations are top priorities and cornerstones of Scania’s corporate culture. To encourage a speak-up culture and to detect potential wrongdoings, Scania operates a global whistleblowing system. The whistleblowing system and procedures for conducting internal investigations are governed by a Scania Group Policy.
Scania’s whistleblowing system is based on fundamental principles such as protection of the whistleblower and the whistleblower’s right to anonymity, as well as presumption of innocence and fairness of investigations towards persons implicated. Information received via the whistleblowing system will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Dedicated functions within Group Compliance, Corporate Security, Group Internal Audit and HR handle incoming hints and internal investigation. An investigation is only initiated after very careful examination of the facts and reasonable suspicion of a regulatory violation. The Scania whistleblowing system is aligned with TRATON SE’s whistleblowing system, and Scania departments involved in whistleblowing and internal investigations work closely with colleagues at the TRATON Investigation Office
Persons who are aware of potential misconduct, in particular violations of laws and Scania’s Code of Conduct, committed by Scania employees in connection with performing their duties at Scania, are encouraged to speak up and report at any time and in any language. There are several reporting channels available:
Scania reporting channels
- direct manager
- HR function (local or central)
- Scania Group Compliance (email@example.com)
- Group Internal Audit
- Corporate Security
If a manager or an HR function receives a whistleblowing hint, the information must be escalated to the dedicated whistleblowing functions, as set out in Scania’s internal procedures.
TRATON/VW reporting channels
- TRATON Investigation Office (Investigation-Office@traton.com). As mentioned below, whistleblowers can also contact the TRATON Investigation Office in any language via mail.
- Speak up! portal: https://www.bkms-system.net/TRATON. The portal is available in several languages, and even if a preferred language is not offered in the portal, the whistleblower can use any language to submit its report. The whistleblower can also choose to submit the hint via Speak up! anonymously. Files related to the incident can be uploaded on the secure portal. The TRATON Investigation Office will contact the whistleblower for further actions or questions via the Speak up! portal , which guarantee anonymity if requested.
- VW whistleblower hotline: suspected regulatory violations can also be reported via the Volkswagen AG whistleblower hotline. The hotline is available around the clock and accepts tip-offs from all brands of the Volkswagen Group — if desired also anonymously. All tip-offs concerning Scania that are received via the hotline are forwarded to the TRATON Investigation Office.
This is how the whistleblower hotline can be reached:
+ 800 444 46300* (international toll-free number)
+ 49 5361 946300 (chargeable number, if your local telephone provider does not support the toll-free service)
*Depending on the country you are calling from it is possible that the international toll-free hotline is not available since some telephone network providers do not support the service. If so, please use the offered chargeable number or your country-specific number.
|Country||Toll-free number||Local telephone number|
|Germany||0800 444 46300||05361-946300|
Additionally, at all times in all languages, internal and external whistleblowers can report potential regulatory violations directly and confidentially to colleagues at the TRATON Investigation Office or the Scania Investigation Office Hub:
It is also possible to contact the Ombudspersons of the Volkswagen Group. Further information about the Ombudspersons is available here.
As regards whistleblowing in Sweden, certain limitations apply regarding reporting through specifically established reporting channels, such as direct reporting to the Investigation Office at TRATON, the Speak Up! portal and the 24/7 Volkswagen Whistleblower hotline numbers. The TRATON/VW Reporting Channels shall only be used for reporting if the information relates to persons in key-positions or management positions within Scania or VW and the information includes suspicions that the person in question has been participating in serious irregularities relating to accounting, internal accounting controls, auditing matters, fight against bribery, banking and financial crime or other serious irregularities relating to Scania’s vital interest or individuals life and health. The Scania Reporting Channels can always be used for reporting in Sweden.
Scania will treat all reports on potential misconduct seriously. However, reports in bad faith containing knowingly false and untrue allegations against Scania employees are not tolerated. Such reports constitute themselves potential misconduct, which can be subject to internal investigations and potential sanctions against the person making such reports.