Privacy Statement - FAQ
Does Scania share my data with third parties?
To provide the best products and services we utilize our global organization and a global network of trusted partners. This means that we may - from time to time - share your data (all or selected parts) within the Scania Group as well as with trusted business partners that help us.
Typical examples include:
- when you use the Scania Web shop we share data with our partners that handle the Web shop.
- we may process your data in IT-systems that are developed, delivered or hosted by our external IT-partners.
- we may use third parties to help us organize events that you participate in, to provide you with hotel, transports etc.
- when you call our Emergency Assistance we may share your data with third parties for example the towing companies.
- when our customer (either you or your employer) decides to receive service from specific third party where driver and vehicle related data is used.
- when our customer (either you or your employer) grants access to share data with superstructure, component or other product supplier.
- when we are doing research and development, we may share data with universities, research facilities or other trusted partners.
In cases where we need to share your data with our business partners, we ensure that they treat your data with the same respect and integrity as we do. We may also share your data with public authorities if required by law or a legitimate legal request is received from law enforcement or another authority.
Where does Scania process my data?
Scania is a global company with operations in over 100 countries. This means that we might sometimes choose to process your data (all or selected parts) inside as well as outside of the European Union. When doing so we always comply with existing regulations and ensure that your data is handled in a secure way. If your data is transferred out of the European Union this is done using appropriate transfer mechanisms.
In this context ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations on personal data such as; collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
How do you protect my data?
We are committed to protecting your data. We take all appropriate and reasonable legal, technical and organizational security measures to adequately protect the personal data that we process. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with the development of available security products and services.
How long do you keep my data?
Specific processing activities have their own individual retention periods applicable to them as per the legal basis and/or purpose of processing. We, therefore, minimise or delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed to:
- fulfil our contractual obligations towards you
- fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected
- fulfil our legal obligations
See also market and service specific privacy statements accessible through www.scania.com.
What are my rights?
Right of access
You can request a registry extract showing what personal data we process regarding you. Once we have confirmed your identity, the extract will be handed over to you in a secure way.
Right to rectification
You have the right to update your information to ensure that we always have the correct information.
Right to erasure
You may, without undue delay, have your personal data deleted if any of the following conditions apply:
- If the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
- If you have objected to its use and there are no other legitimate grounds for us to use it.
- If the processing is based solely on your consent and you revoke your consent.
- If deletion is required to fulfil a legal obligation.
Right to object
You are always entitled to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing. This is an absolute right, which means that if you object or unsubscribe, we are going to stop all further use of your data for direct marketing.
You also have the right to object to any processing that we base on legitimate interest. You must then specify in detail what you object to and why. The processing will then stop unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the individual; or show that our processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restriction
You are entitled to request a temporary limitation on processing your data. Processing may be limited in the following situations:
- When you believe your data is incorrect and you have therefore requested a correction with us. You may then request that processing of your data be limited while we validate if your data is incorrect.
- When the data processing is unlawful, but you oppose to your data being deleted and instead request that the use of these data be restricted.
- When you need your data to be able to determine, enforce or defend legal claims, even if we no longer need your data for the purpose of our processing.
Right to data portability
You are entitled to obtain the data you have provided to us in order to process it elsewhere. This right only applies in cases where our processing of your data is based on the legal ground that you have given your consent to the data processing or if you have entered into a contract with us.
Notification of violation (complaint)
If you believe your data is being processed in violation of current regulations, please report it to us as soon as possible. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
How do I contact you if I have questions?
You are always welcome to contact our Group Data Protection Officer or talk with your local Scania contact.
Telephone: +46 8 553 810 00 Postal Address: Scania CV AB, ATT: Data Protection Office, ZCD, S-151 87 Södertälje, Sweden.
You can also contact us by filling in the form here.