Equality, diversity and inclusion
Making the commitment
We will achieve our vision and mission through our commitment to the following:
Dignity at Work
We strive to create a safe, healthy and happy working environment for all colleagues. Everyone deserves, and is entitled, to be treated with respect by their peers and managers. This aligns with the TRATON Group-wide shared core value of ‘Respect’.
At Scania, we have a zero-tolerance approach to any forms of bullying, harassment and victimisation. We encourage everyone to speak up if you are experiencing any of these issues and we are committed to empowering colleagues to report any type of this unacceptable behaviour.
Boosting mental, physical, and emotional health for our people is a priority for our business. From family friendly policies to wellbeing sessions and mental health awareness seminars, we cover it all. This time out is encouraged, and we invite our team to connect with one another, reach out for a listening ear and know that someone will hear them, whatever the challenges may be, with support where it's needed most.
Experience our diverse wellbeing sessions and seminars, designed for open sharing and caring. With 50 mental health champions across our organisation, rest assured that support reaches those who need it most.
Institute of Motor Industry (IMI) Diversity Taskforce
Scania actively engage with the wider automotive industry and, as well as the Automotive Council UK, we have an active member of the IMI’s Diversity Taskforce from the People & Culture Team. The Diversity Taskforce meets regularly to discuss how industry wide improvements can be made with ED&I and provide advice to organisations within the industry.
Automotive 30% Club
Our quest for a fairer future comes right from the top of our business. Chris Newitt, Managing Director Scania GB, is a proud member of the Automotive 30% Club.
He is personally championing our drive towards Scania GB achieving a better gender balance and aiming to have at least 30% female representation in leadership roles by 2030.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd
Enjoy the inspiring stories of women in diverse roles across our business as they share their experiences and personal stories.
To mark International Women’s Day 2023 we celebrated our commitment to embracing equity and fostering diversity and inclusion within our organisation.
Automotive Council UK
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Charter
- To demonstrate our commitment, Scania has also signed up to The UK Automotive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Charter. With our signature we pledge to:
- Create a respectful and inclusive company culture for all colleagues
- Embed DE&I policies into company values and ensure they are reflected in all communications
- Improve recruitment practices and targeting to remove bias, encourage diversity of applicants and increase the diversity of talent pipelines at every level
- Create a flexible working environment for all, with a focus on delivery
- Support career opportunities and progression for every employee, through training, talent management, mentoring and sponsorship programmes
- Appoint a board-level DE&I champion to lead change from the top and implement line manager training
- Engage and collaborate with our suppliers and the wider automotive sector to champion diversity, equity and inclusion and share best practice
- Collect DE&I data, and report and publish our progress annually to the Automotive Council
Careers with Scania
Your next move is just a simple click away. View our vacancies and explore our different locations.
Join the Scania Family.
Where we are
Find the nearest Scania location near you.