Seminar on Sustainable transports
Efficient transport is a prerequisite for sustainable development as well as continuous economic growth and international competitiveness. At the same time, CO2 emissions from the transport sector are increasing. The challenge is how to ensure that future demand for logistics services is compatible with less environmental impact and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
On 4 April Scania arranged a seminar at the production facility in Oskarshamn, where politicians, vehicle manufacturers, fuel producers and hauliers discussed sustainable transport. At the seminar updates on topical issues were given including Swedish and European climate politics, technical development, biofuels and sustainable logistics.
Presentations were made by:
• Hasse Johansson, Group Vice President and Head of Research and Development, Scania – “Vehicle manufacturers are ready for sustainable transport”
• Andreas Carlgren, Minister of Environment – “Sweden can handle the EU climate targets – the transport sector in focus”
• Erica Kronhöffer, Manager Sustainability, Green Cargo – “Sustainable logistics for the future”
• Camilla Slunge Dowling, Manager Environment, OKQ8 – “Commitment to biofuels”
• Kenneth Werling, Lantmännen Energi – “The future of Swedish biofuel production”
For more information, please contact:
Elisabeth Hörnfeldt, Corporate Environmental Affairs, tel 08 553 828 31.