IT Infra Project Manager
Your New Role
The Infrastructure PM will focus on Scania’s establishment of a new 800.000m2 industrial facility in Rugao, Jiangsu, China.
The main responsibility of the Infra Project manager is to plan, organize and run projects meeting time, quality and cost objectives. This role requires a deep understanding of and experience of reference architecture (technology, people, processes and methods) as well as an ability to complement the reference architecture to specific conditions and opportunities in China. Ability to form long lasting relationships with internal and external parties are crucial. The role is not purely project management but could also contain elements of hands-on work such as testing and configuration. The role reports to the Director of General IT.
Overall, as an Infra PM, you should be a tactical thinker, a skilled communicator, and a results-driven leader with strong technical and business acumen.
- Plan & Organise together with colleagues (stakeholders), central & local partners and suppliers
- Follow up of tasks and make sure they are executed
- Project documentation
- Ensure Delivery according to the project objectives, timing, budget and deliverables
- Manage people within the context of the project
- Mange Communication plans
- Resource planning and management including financial management (forecasting, budget, follow up)
- Handover to the maintenance organization (acceptance criteria)
- Plan, conduct (or guide others), follow up testing in applicable projects
- Demand management with business users
- Management reporting and budgeting
Technical know how
- Advice on and sometimes apply technical configurations
- Provide input in design of technology within applicable scope
- Ensure solutions delivered are fit for use in a China context
- Functionality, performance, security, legal
- Positively challenge how the reference architecture can fit into a Chinese context
- Bring knowledge on how Chinese solutions can improve the reference architecture
Education and/or Experience
- University degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Extensive project management experience in an international context
- Minimum 8 years of experience of working with Infrastructure related projects
- Experience of working in a multicultural and multinational environment with many stakeholders and Matrix reporting lines.
- PMP (project management process) certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members, foster collaboration, and drive change
- Business Acumen: You should understand how infrastructure fit into the larger business strategy and be able to identify opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies.
- Strong Project Management Skills: You will need to be able to develop and manage a complex program schedule, monitor progress against milestones, and adjust as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Technical Expertise: You should have a solid understanding of IT infrastructure and processes and be familiar with the latest technologies and tools that can help optimise manufacturing operations.
- Management skills relevant for the task, including producing decision material as well as making independent decisions
- Ability to contribute to the design work of IT infrastructure. Including knowledge of industry standards.
- You should be able to think critically, analyse data, and develop solutions quickly to minimise downtime and reduce costs.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously.
Application should be sent to email@example.com with the title of Application IT Infra Project Manager.
If you’re the right person for this opportunity and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development, then please contact us.
There are two different ways to submit your application.
For Scania Sales China
Please send your application via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Scania Production China- located in Nantong Rugao
Please send your application via mail to: email@example.com
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.