Backed by 100 years of experience in bus operations, Bus Systems by Scania helps solve today’s urban mobility challenges. Scania offers cost-efficient and sustainable solutions that give cities the flexibility and control to scale public transport operations according to needs.
The building blocks
BRT expertise and financing
With deep traffic planning and infrastructure expertise we can provide our customers with consultancy services, analysing and optimising the bus system. We support in defining ticketing system and giving advice on concept and supplier. We also offer financing solutions that suits your specific business.
Renewable fuels and electrification
We offer engines for all commercially available renewable and conventional fuels and provide advice and expertise. From pre-study to implementation. It includes sustainability evaluation, fuel infrastructure and fuel supply partners as well as regulatory advice.
Services & parts
With comprehensive maintenance plans, accident repair and uptime warranty, you can expect maximum productivity and minimum costs. Our experts track the data from your business to identify causes of unplanned stops, so you can tackle the root causes and improve your fleet availability. Also, Scania provides customised driver training & coaching and flexible maintenance plans.
A solution for your need
No single vehicle specification fits all bus systems. Developing the right fleet for your city is about achieving the right mix. The buses are customised to achieve the best in passenger capacity, interior layout and other key criteria. And, together with different partners we develop unique solutions for fare collection, real-time tracking and infrastructure planning, just to mention a few.
Frequent commute. Smaller buses let you run more frequently so your commuters never need to wait for long. They also let you reduce offpeak operating costs.
Meet peak demands. Larger models let you meet peak demand. Seated passengers are satisfied passengers for longer journeys.
Less traffic jams. Not every city was built with buses in mind. For the solution, look up. Double-decker buses let you double up your capacity without causing a jam.
Stretch models. Features high capacity for the times when you need a bus that can carry the load of a train.
- Improved operational cost; better fuel economy, lower emissions and higher average speed.
- A scalable and flexible investment. Scania buses of different sizes allow for flexibility and for optimising the system.
- Packaged service solutions. For clockwork operation and maximal uptime.
- All commercially available biofuels: bioethanol, biodiesel biogas and HVO and hybrids.
- Tailor-made solutions maximise capacity and minimise costs of operation.
- Punctuality and better uptime improves effectiveness, service and customer experience.
- Bus systems combat road congestion and provide a comfortable, fast and smooth mode of transport, at the same time as you can read, work or socialise.
- Road safety is largely improved in systems where buses are separated from other traffic.
- Reliable, affordable and safe urban transport is a bridge to job opportunities and access to areas of the city previously out of reach.
- An alternative to expensive car commuting.
- A solution for this generation of passengers not only for the later ones.
- A dynamic solution as cities grow, mutate and go through phases.
- Improved quality of life. Effective mobility is decisive to the power of attraction of every city.
- An effective transport system is the backbone in sustainable city planning and growth.
- Reduced road congestion and better land use. Beneficial for the city as well as for the environment.
- Fuel efficiency. Scania is a supplier of fuel-efficient high quality buses. This addresses two major questions that are key to every municipality: The economy and the environment.
- Cost efficient. Economic benefits for all parties concerned: The city, the public and the operator.
- All three commercially available biofuels help create local energy security.
- Most environmental benefit per money spent. Addresses the issue of emissions with rapid results at a low cost.
- Lower time for implementation, up to 10 times less than for a rail system.