TruckEast Limited supplies, maintains and repairs commercial vehicles. We operate from our vehicle and trailer workshops, bodyshops and Recycled Parts facility, all located throughout the East of England.
As a business we recognise that the way in which we conduct our business has an effect on the local, regional and global environment. We aim to minimise our negative effects on the environment in initiatives aligned with the ISO140001:2015 Environmental Management System. As a consequence of this, the Directors and management are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Environmental regulations, the requirements of ISO14001:2015, current laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
The company will: -
- Manage energy and water wisely in all operations
- Comply with all environmental legislation and permits applicable to the business
- Limit waste generation, discharges and emissions to as low a level as possible, and handle waste in a responsible manner, optimising re-use and recycling options and disposing the minimum possible quantity of waste into landfill
- Employ only approved and registered waste carriers to remove waste from TruckEast premises. Responsible managers shall ensure that waste generated within their department is deposited into appropriate receptacles or containers
- Reduce the company carbon footprint wherever possible to reduce the effects on global warming and climate change, and to support biodiversity and the local eco systems by having as low an environmental impact as possible
- Encourage sustainable development through company operations and activities
- Have emergency plans and arrangements in place to deal with environmental incidents, should they occur
The Company will review its activities and operations in order to identify / evaluate environmental aspects and impacts, and subsequently undertake actions to address them. TruckEast will measure and monitor progress through setting environmental objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement in our environmental performance. We shall continually reassess our policies and management system to remain concurrent with legislation and shall perform to best environmental practice.
The Company recognise that operating with concern for the environment is good business practice and will ensure that our goals for environmental issues are clearly understood and targeted throughout all aspects of the Company, accepting that staff and stakeholder education, engagement and acceptance of this policy are inherent to its success, and to meeting the agreed objectives. All employees share this responsibility and are supported by key staff that promote best practice, improvement, and monitor performance.
Environmental performance against set objectives will be communicated to the Board of Directors at least once a year. This policy will be reviewed annually and made available to interested parties through the company website.
Signed: Harley Coulson, Managing Director, TruckEast Limited
30th January, 2023.