RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - FLEET AND BUS & COACH
Reporting to: Area Relationship Manager
Scania Finance Great Britain Limited is a wholly owned Scania company, with the responsibility of writing profitable finance business by supporting the sale of the Scania product range in the UK. Working in partnership with the dealer network, it is our aim that all parties work in collaboration to achieve the business objectives set.
In addition to being a funder in its own right, Scania Financial Services is also a finance broker. Working with several strategic funding partners, our broker proposition enables us to support the dealer network by offering our customers a number of unique solutions that meet their needs.
Scania Finance Great Britain Limited also provides insurance solutions such as GAP, RTI and fleet insurance products.
We are now looking to employ an experienced asset finance salesperson to operate in our Fleet and Bus & Coach sector. This is a national role, which is based in Worksop.
In this exciting strategic role, you will work with and support the Fleet and Bus & Coach sales teams and structure finance deals for new and used Scania vehicles, whilst working as part of a larger team alongside the Area Relationship Manager. You will achieve your goals by organising your day effectively, building strong relationships with several key stakeholders, managing the sales process and regular account management with the Bus & Coach management team, to develop tactical sales strategies that help achieve both parties’ objectives.
This direct sales role is not limited to the funding opportunities available from vehicle sales, as the Relationship Executive you are tasked to fund non-Scania equipment. Using our broker service, it will be your responsibility to build broker type relationships with customers and provide financial solutions for all of their funding requirements. In addition to this you will also have the opportunity to sell a number of insurance related products and promote a number of other Scania products and services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage effective stakeholder relationships in the Fleet and Bus & Coach sales areas, ensuring their requirements are met.
• Fully manage the sales process and ensure referrals & introductions are of the highest quality.
• Proactively develop new finance business for Scania vehicles & non-Scania equipment to maximise income.
• Work alongside the retail sales teams to identify and develop new business opportunities and increase sales volume.
• Develop effective tactical sales campaigns to improve awareness and drive the sale of Scania vehicles.
• Produce management information and document reports as required by the Fleet and Bus & Coach management teams.
• Aim to achieve the key sales objectives set by the business including funding income and penetration goals for Scania, non-Scania, insurance and other asset finance and Scania related products.
• Maximise the opportunities that present themselves to profitably fund non-Scania equipment.
• Be an ambassador of and promote the Scania brand.
• Prepare effective and accurate credit proposals that can be handled in a fast and efficient way by the credit team as required.
• Be conversant with the business systems operated by the business and other technology as required.
• Build and maintain strong, effective working relationships with your finance colleagues to maximise the efficiency of the sales process.
• Complete all other work and business requests, including collections and other risk management work as required by the business and when asked.
• You must be available to cover and support other sales areas and dealers’ operations, as and when required.
• You will support the Area Relationship Manager in meeting their regional objectives successfully for the business.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical, legal and internal developments relevant to finance and insurance programmes and implement or recommend necessary and appropriate changes, involvement, and investment by the company.
The Relationship Executive will be expected to work nationally and will be based form our Worksop depot. You will be expected to travel as required to meet your business objectives, and some foreign travel may be required. You will attend meetings, conferences, training courses and seminars as required by the business.
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
The Relationship Executive will have or will be expected to gain the following:
• A full clean driving licence.
• Excellent account management skills.
• The ability to interpret financial and commercial information in the context of Scania Finance’s short, and long term objectives, and where appropriate take or recommend practical actions to keep Scania Finance on track to achieve or exceed those objectives.
• The drive and enthusiasm to work remotely in order to fulfil their duties.
• A good asset finance background and product knowledge and the ability to structure, present and sell asset finance solutions.
• Excellent commercial acumen and the ability to forge strong working partnerships with key people within Scania organisation.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications specifically Excel/Word/Outlook and have the ability and be prepared to learn how to use the current Scania Financial Services applications and systems.