ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (TEMPORARY CONTRACT)
Location: Milton Keynes
Reporting to: Accounts Receivables/Payables Manager
This role is to assist and support the Accounts team and will include taking on responsibility of processes such as monitoring and updating the daily cashflows for both the UK and Ireland business units along with arranging loans and updating relevant loan databases. Taking ownership of various balance sheet reconciliations and supporting month-end reporting by carrying out prepayment and accrual reconciliations and journal postings. This role will also take on responsibility for our group month-end reporting and employee expenses.
- Update both the UK and Ireland cashflows on a daily basis distributing these to management to review.
- Monitor loan requirements and liaise with management to arrange appropriate loans with Treasury.
- Update various loan databases as and when loans are booked.
Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Update various balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. To monitor these and investigate any differences, liaising with the relevant departments where necessary and posting the relevant journal entries to cleardown differences.
Reconciliations to include (UK):
- Doc fees and accruals
- Grant Control
- Manufacturer Subsidy
- Admin fee spread
- Various others
- Take on the employee expenses process to include company credit card and personal expenses.
- To assist in setting up the process on our new systems.
- To take ownership of the month-end group reporting for the UK business unit. This will include reporting with Treasury, Commercial Operations (SGB), buybacks, our Ireland business unit and various other group companies.
- To update relevant figures for reporting and to monitor intercompany (ICP) reports to ensure we fully reconcile at month-end.
- To ensure deadlines are met
- To update and maintain the daily UK floorplan reconciliation, liaising with our Floorplan department to clear any differences.
- To produce a new reconciliation based on new system requirements later in the year when these go live.
- To provide cover and support where needed, this will include assisting in daily accounts work and month-end reporting
- Using an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance
- Understanding the importance of compliance within the finance industry
- Demonstrates understanding of customers (internal and external), their commercial offerings, industry, business, motivational drivers and needs. Understands how Scania can contribute to the optimization of customer profitability
- Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analysing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Demonstrate an understanding of external reporting requirements, specifically strong knowledge around tax and VAT reporting
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial reporting systems, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Listening and communicating openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
- Be able to work independently and proactively with limited supervision. Ensuring a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner
- Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability
- Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with the broader community
- Demonstrates the effort, willingness and ambition to achieve results. Meets objectives and responds proactively to avoid disappointing results
- Must be a team player who communicates well and is on hand to help and support the team when needed
Desirable experience & qualifications
- Hold or studying towards a relevant accounting qualification such as AAT or equivalent work experience
- Relevant business knowledge and experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate expertise of Excel and finance house systems
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Efficient, organised and proactive
- Fluent in English
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you can make a positive contribution to the role using the below form.