Work Order Terms & Conditions
1. The pricing of this Work Order (hereafter known as WO) is based on the costs of material, labour, transport and statutory obligations ruling at the date of this WO and if between that date and the date on which the parts/materials are ready for collection there shall be any increase howsoever in these aforesaid costs, then such increase shall be added to the said price and shall become payable by customer.
2. Unless previously withdrawn, this WO is open for acceptance for the period of 30 days from the date if this WO. This WO shall be deemed to be accepted by the customer upon signing by customer’s authorised agent.
3. It is a condition of this WO that the customer strictly adheres to the terms of payment as specified herein:
I) Payment for credit sales, to be in accordance with the terms in the parts and service credit sales management.
ii) Full settlement for cash sales, upon completion of the work order. Not withstanding this, Scania may request for a deposit prior to execution of the work as may be deemed necessary.
4. Scania will not be liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising or resulting from the delay in completion of repair by Scania or arising or resulting from the delay of the delivery of any parts and/or materials required for the WO when such delay arises or results from any cause beyond Scania’s control including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, strikes, lockouts or other labour disputes, epidemics, governmental restrictions, storms, typhoons, floods, delay in transit and any other cause of such nature.
5. If any repair by Scania or delivery of any parts and/or materials shall be delayed due to any of the causes set out in Clause 4 above, the time of delivery shall be extended until the causes preventing delivery has ceased. The contract based on this WO may at the option of Scania be cancelled and in the event of such cancellation neither party shall have any claim against the other.
6. Scania will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly from any default or delay by Scania’s suppliers in delivering any of the parts and/or materials required for this WO.
7. Under no circumstances does Scania undertake liability for contingent, indirect or consequential damage of any nature due to any cause whatsoever.
8. If for any of the causes mentioned in Clause 4 above, this WO shall become impossible to perform then in any such case, this WO shall at Scania’s option be treated as rescinded and Scania shall be paid by the customer on a QUANTUM MERUIT basis for work done and parts/materials supplied to the date of rescission but neither party shall have any other claims against the other for breach of contract.
9. All previous communications between the customer and Scania are superseded hereby and any modification hereof must be in writing and signed by the customer and Scania. The conditions of this WO so far as applicable shall be incorporated in any contract based thereon.
10. It is understood that reference to Scania and customer in this WO or in any contract arising there from shall apply to their respective assigns and successors in title.
11. Scania warrants all service work performed by it against faulty workmanship for 3 months from the date of performance of the service work. Scania warrants new parts used in the repair or service against defect for 12 months from the date of the new parts were installed /fixed, if done at authorised Scania’s workshop. Scania will replace or repair (whichever it elects), at its premises, such parts which are found upon Scania’s inspection to have failed due to faulty workmanship or defects.
This warranty shall not apply to, and Scania shall not be liable for, damages arising from or caused by repairs effected other than by SCANIA, repairs effected other than at Scania’s premises and by parts not supplied by Scania.
This warranty is strictly in lieu of any other warranties expressed or implied including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Claims by customer are expressly limited to provision and installation of parts for the repair done and any claims for the indirect losses or damages of any type are hereby expressly excluded. The remedy of repair or replacement of a defective part during the warranty period herein specified shall be the customer’s exclusive remedy against Scania.
12. The right and obligations arising out of this WO shall not be assignable or transferable by the customer to any third party(ies) except with the prior written approval of Scania, which Scania may refuse to approve without giving any reason whatsoever.
13. No failure or delay on the part of any party hereto in exercising any power or right hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of such right or power preclude any other or further exercise of any other right or power herein.
14. In the event the customer disputes any invoice, the customer must object in writing within 10 days of receipt of the invoice stating the details of the objection. Scania and the customer shall resolve the dispute within 10 days of receipt of the customer’s objection. If the customer fails to object within the aforesaid 10 days, the invoice amount shall be deemed correct and accepted by the customer and due and payable in accordance with the payment terms herein.
15. The customer agrees that all invoices shall be due and payable within 30 days of the date of the invoice. If the customer fails to pay the invoice when due, the customer shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of one and a half percent (1½%) a month on the overdue amount until full settlement of the overdue amount.
16. If the customer fails to collect the vehicle after being informed by Scania that the repair has been completed, the customer shall be liable to pay Scania for storage charges for the vehicle at the rate stated below until date of collection of the vehicle:
For vehicle stored in Scania workshop or any Scania premises - SGD 50.00 per day
17. If the customer fails to collect the vehicle after being informed by Scania that the repair has been completed, the risk of loss and/or damage to the vehicle shall pass to the customer immediately and in such event the customer shall have no claim against Scania for loss or damage to the vehicle.
18. Scania shall not responsible or liable for any losses or damages suffered by the customer if the customer’s vehicle, parts or accessories are damaged or destroyed due to causes beyond control of Scania or due to causes not arising from the fault of Scania.