The following terms and conditions (Terms) apply exclusively to the Counting down to the holidays competition (Competition) and all participants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
1. Description of the Competition
- The promoter is: Scania CV AB whose registered office is at SE-151 87 Södertälje, Sweden.
- The competition is open to everyone (except employees of Scania and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the contest), aged 18 years or over and who understand English. Any and all personal details provided must be true and accurate. Scania CV AB shall not be liable for health risks associated with the contestants’ participation in the competition. Each participant is obliged to judge for him/herself whether or not the state of his/her health is adequate for participation in the contest and, if necessary, after having consulted a medical doctor.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering into this competition and accepting these Terms, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are found via https://www.instagram.com/scaniagroup
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 11/12 and 18/12 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
2. Description of the rules
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- It is a knowledge-based competition consisting of a question. The contestant who first answers right, wins.
- The contestant who first responds correctly in direct message on Instagram connected to the question wins. Applicants must have a Instagram account and enters the competition by guessing the answer in direct messahe of the competition posted on Scania’s Instagram story.
- A maximum of 1 guess per contestant and competition is allowed.
- The contestants may only write 1 guess at a time in the direct message.
- Answers must be entered in English.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
3. Description of the Prizes
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Any taxes on the prize is to be paid by the winner in the country in which the winner is resident.
4. Announcement of the Winner
- The winner will be notified by notice on direct message within 48 hours of the closing date of each contest. If the winner cannot be contacted in person or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize is delivered. Free shipping is included in the prize.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- What personal data we collect from you.When you enter into this Competition Scania CV AB collect information about you, including (but not limited to), your name, competition entry, Instagram profile picture, records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, name and any personal data you provide in free text form), if you contact us and your postal address for delivering any competition prices.
- Purposes for processing your personal dataAs explained above, Scania process your data to provide you with the opportunity to join the Competition, to communicate with you and to provide you with any prizes should you become a winner.
- How we share your personal dataIn order for us to declare a winner of the Competition, we will publish the winning contestant’s name, Instagram profile picture and the winning entry on the Competition’s Instagram page. The winner does therefore agree to let Scania use of his/her name, Instagram profile picture, as well as his/her entry, in any publicity material for marketing purposes relevant for the Competition. The image of the winner, i.e. the Instagram profile picture, will be used without any compensation.Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and will not otherwise be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior permission.
We may disclose your information such as your name, e-mail, address and postal address to our service providers to be able to send the winner prizes.
We may also share web server log data with our service providers for analysis, or in order to provide and improve this site and our services here.
- Further information about your privacy rights
6. Governing law
- The competition and these terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with Swedish law.
- We both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden, which means that you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these terms and conditions in Sweden or in the EU country in which you live. To access the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform please click here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
7. Changes in the Terms and Cancellation of the Competition
- Scania CV AB shall have the right, to the extent in accordance with applicable law, to change or modify these Terms, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this web page. Scania CV AB also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.