Scania Internship Production gives you the opportunity to get to know the Manufacturing at Scania as a complement to your education. If you see a future for yourself within production and studying for a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Engineering in Sweden apply for Scania Internship Production. Scania Internship Production is a program primarily for 1st and 2nd year students. And it is an advantage to do the program early in your education. You will of course get a salary during the internship.
Application period 7 January – 17 February.
The program will be held in Swedish.
The Scania Internship Production is an initiative run in cooperation with the KTH Royal Institute of Technology and Linköping University. You can apply to get the internship counted as a college course equivalent to six credits at KTH if you fulfil the requirements.
During the first year of the internship, you lay the foundations and get an understanding what it is like to work within manufacturing. If you apply for a 2nd or 3rd year, you will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and perform engineering tasks.
Scania Internship Production is a six week program, 5 weeks before industry holiday and 1 week after. Alongside your daily work at the shop floor, you will take part in seminars, lectures, go-and-see and a one week final project. You will get to know the Scania Production System, shop floor engineering and how to do improvement work.
In the application form, choose the area that interests you the most:
- Scania decides
The Assembly area consist of two sub groups:
- Assembly: Assemble components (engine, gearbox, axles) or vehicles at the assembly line. It requires precision and team work. Understanding assembly is a shortcut to get the bigger picture. Some claim that it is possible to understand a complete company by looking at assembly.
- Logistics: Logistics is a crucial part of a successful process. There are thousands of part numbers and most of them are delivered Just In Time in different ways. You will follow the process from goods reception to consuming assembly station. Scania Internship Production have a few number of positions within this sub group.
The Machining area consists of two sub groups:
- Machining: You will be a part of the machining processes for transmission or engine components. You will be able to follow a product from raw material to completed part. Daily duties will include rigging, quality work, daily planning and some industrial engineering.
- Maintenance: You’ll be part of a maintenance team. Maintenance means both proactive and reactive work to keep the process equipment up and running as well as optimizing cost. You will be part of Scania Industrial Maintenance. Scania Internship Production have a few number of positions within this sub group.
The Scania Internship Production programme is aimed at those planning on graduating with a Bachelor of Science or a Master of Science in Engineering.
If you are curious in our industry, manufacturing, flow and industrial engineering this is a programme for you.
The program will be held in Swedish, therefore Swedish is mandatory.
If you have done the programme before you apply here during the application period.
Your application should include these attachments:
- A cover letter
- Your CV with a photo
- Your academic transcript
- Your upper secondary school grades
- Note! Attachments are mandatory. Links are not accepted.
In the application form, you have the opportunity to choose the area that is of most interests to you. Mark either Processing or Assembly. If you’re unsure, mark the alternative: Scania Decides.
- Application period (7 January – 17 February)
- Final selection (8-12 April)
- Program start (10 June)