- Scania reports strong growth in volume and earnings in the first quarter of 2007
- Order bookings rose by 45 percent
- Scania expects demand for heavy trucks to remain strong in Europe during 2007
- Positive development of service-related sales
- For further information please see the attached Interim Report.
Scania is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications, and of industrial and marine engines. A growing proportion of the company’s operations consists of products and services in the financial and service sectors, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Employing 32,800 people, Scania operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are concentrated in Sweden, while production takes place in Europe and South America, with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete vehicles. In 2006, invoiced sales totalled SEK 70.7 billion and the net income amounted to SEK 5.9 billion.