– Scania reports strong volume and revenue growth
– Order bookings continue to be strong, up 39 percent in the first six months
– Sharp increase in earnings, operating margin rose to 14.7 percent
– Investments to significantly increase production capacity are in progress
– Scania expects demand for heavy trucks to remain strong
For further information please see the attached Interim Report.
Scania is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications, and of industrial and marine engines. A growing proportion of the company’s operations consists of products and services in the financial and service sectors, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Employing 32,800 people, Scania operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are concentrated in Sweden, while production takes place in Europe and South America, with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete vehicles. In 2006, invoiced sales totalled SEK 70.7 billion and the net income amounted to SEK 5.9 billion.
Scania press releases are available on the Internet at www.scania.com
tel. +46 8 553 83557
mobil tel. +46 70 588 3557
tel. +46 8 553 83716
mobil tel. +46 70 518 3716