If you know one Scania, you know them all. Thanks to Scania’s modular system, meeting emission regulations is no longer challenging. Regardless of if the engine is an inline 9- or 13-litre or a 16-litre V8 engine, they all share the same cylinder design, featuring for instance separate cylinder heads and replaceable liners and many of the moving parts. This greatly simplifies servicing, repairs and parts supply, a real savings for customers.
At Intermat, Scania exhibits a full range of engines complying with EU Stage IV / US Tier 4f emission regulations, consisting of a 9-litre engine, a 13-litre Power Generation engine with cooler and the powerful 16-litre V8 engine together with a SCR unit.
- Tier 4f and Stage IV compliance without particulate filter
- Scania EGR and SCR for emission control (Tier 4f and Stage IV)
- Common-rail fuel injection Scania XPI (extra high pressure injection) with all-electronic injection control
- Scania engine management for high-precision control of combustion and aftertreatment, as well as easy adaptation to different applications
- Scania saver ring in cylinder liner prevents coke build-up at top of piston