Scania has dealers and service workshops throughout the world and employs some 18,400 staff in this area.
Our customers demand fast and reliable service and, with an increasing number of vehicles on the roads, the service sector is pivotal to our success.
The focus within the operation is on service and customer relationships. Scania’s workshops score well in customer satisfaction surveys, but there’s a continual focus on improving the organisation.
Scania’s service technicians are highly competent and work closely with customers. The aim is to always pick up on the needs of our customers, so that these can be used to improve and develop Scania’s products.
Roles within Sales and Services
The demands on our products and services increase day by day. Fast and reliable service, being close to our customers, and having more vehicles on the road are all key success factors for Scania.
In order to deliver on these, we need more employees in our units. Here are some examples of roles within Sales and Services and their associated duties.
- markets and sells new and used Scania vehicles and services within a defined geographic area
- develops the sales organisation and maintains a positive image
- focuses on contact with the end customer
- repairs components in all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- conducts basic work on vehicles’ electric systems
- has close contact with customers
- responsible for supervising the work in the workshop
- provides mechanics with instructions and guidelines
- ensures that all work is conducted according to guidelines, and in a rational and economical manner
Service Market Salesperson
- responsible for sales and marketing of Scania’s post-sale offering and range of products and services within a defined area
- acts as a first point of customer contact within a defined territory
- maintains on-going and professional contact with current and potential customers
- overall responsible for the After Sales Department, including the workshop, spare parts and other services
- focuses on the continuous growth of the regional market