IT is an integrated part of Scania’s core business, our products and solutions.
Our IT organisation is engaged in our operations around the world and where the main part of the organisation is based in Södertälje with a global responsibility for a wide range of activities within the main areas of IT – from infrastructure to development, maintenance and support.
The IT organisation is rapidly moving towards agile ways of working with self-sufficient teams in a delivery organisation closely aligned with Scania’s core processes.
If you bring creativity and commitment to the job, we offer opportunities to develop your skills through challenging tasks contributing to cutting edge IT-solutions. It is a working environment in constant development which requires both high competence and flexibility.
Roles within IT
There are many roles within IT that could fit your competence and personality. Within a large company like Scania, it is a natural step in your development to move from one role to another.
- works with development and expansion of IT solutions
- work includes design, coding, testing and documentation
- often works as part of a development team
- ensures that new and changing IT solutions are adapted for and implemented in systems
- responsible for design and management regarding the architecture
- ensures scalability, manageability and re-usability
- responsible for one or several services within an IT infrastructure portfolio
- plans, monitors and drives the development of services from a needs, quality and cost perspective
- works closely together with technical resources and the product manager
- manages, improves and develops Scania’s global IT infrastructure
- collaborates with other specialists and managers
- examples of technical areas are network, storage, operating system and databases
- supports software development projects with expertise
- is responsible for automatic and performance testing, as well as for system testing and test management
- this field of work includes planning, strategies, risk analysis, risk assessment, design and execution as well as test reporting