Scania’s aim is to drive the shift towards a sustainable transport system, creating a world of mobility that is better for business, society and the environment. Scania’s approach to sustainable transport rests on three pillars – energy efficiency, renewable fuels and electrification, and smart and safe transport. In this position, your main focus is to support Scania in creating the right conditions to succeed with the shift to renewable fuels and electrification, which means for example to advocate for increased production and use of sustainable biofuels in Europe and worldwide, for increased focus on circular waste-to-fuel solutions, and for a roll out of infrastructure for electrification.
• Monitor policy regarding sustainable transport, including transport policy, energy policy and sustainability policy, with special focus on efficient logistics, biofuels & electrification in mainly Sweden and the EU but also including EU member states and all relevant markets globally for Scania.
• Collect and spread knowledge about sustainable transport in internal networks, with special focus on renewable energy for road transport and assess opportunities and consequences.
• Prepare Scania positions on sustainable transport and analyse policy proposals from institutions, governments and organisations and their consequences for Scania and the transport sector. Prepare policy proposals that support the shift to a sustainable transport system, with focus on Sweden and the EU. Support Scania representatives with knowledge.
• Produce remittances, debate articles, reports, presentations and speeches on the above topics.
• Represent Scania in conferences, meetings and fora’s with focus on sustainable transport policy
• Support Scania’s markets with knowledge and support regarding sustainable transport and political contacts
You are a driven person with a passion for sustainability and sustainable transport solutions. Analytical as well as communication and negotiation skills are needed. You are used to complex situations, in this case including policy on different levels (local, national, regional and global) and a large flow of information and contacts.
A network with in the transport & energy community in Sweden and Brussels or in Scania markets are strong assets.
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience of working with sustainable transport and energy policies in Sweden and the EU. Fluent in Swedish and English. Excellent writing, presentation and networking skills. Knowledge in German is a merit.
You will be part of the Public Affairs and Sustainability team at Scania, at the Communications, brand and marketing department, and you will report to the Head of Public & Sustainability Affairs.
The position is based in Södertälje. Applications will be reviewed continuously.
For further information, please contact: Åsa Pettersson, Head of Public Affairs and Sustainability
firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)70 388 5084
Please apply through our website Reflex/Job search no later than February 23rd. Job Id 20200434.
Your application should include a covering letter and CV.
About the job
- Title: Policy Advisor Sustainable Transport
- Business area: Corporate Relations
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2020-03-01
- Job Id: 20200434