Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Are you curious and want to broaden your knowledge?
Join us and try something new in a fast paced environment, close to end customer!
We offer You
- A varied and fast paced job with great responsibility and opportunity to develop.
- A chance to work with electric- and cable harnesses design on the whole truck and in close co-operation with end customer.
- A wide network within the company, both within Research and Development and cross functional with other units such as market, production, purchasing and aftermarket.
- A position in a competent and friendly international team with great team spirit.
The department Customized Truck Development is responsible for customer- and market adaptation of trucks and complete vehicles with bodywork. It is an expansive area where Scania invests in order to get in to new markets and segments. Our team System Development consists of 18 people and are responsible for all electrics and system development within Customized Trucks.
We are searching for a development engineer who wants to meet the challenge of the future, within i.e. electrification, hybrid technology and alternative fuels together with us.
You will work with both new development and adaptation of existing installations and components. Working tasks included are creating circuit diagrams and drawings for cable harness (2D/3D), analysing and answering customer related requests, writing demand specifications and do functional descriptions for systems. You will work actively in the projects, from pre-study to serial production and are responsible for planning, design, quality assurance and deviation handling.
Together with the colleagues in the team you are also responsible for continuously improving and challenging the group’s working methods and processes.
You have a great technical interest and like the challenge of finding solutions for unique customer requests. As a person you are structured, driven, flexible and used to take responsibility. You can easily collaborate with others, but also work independently towards a set target. You are looking for width rather than depth in working tasks and like to have multiple things on-going.
You have a M.Sc. or B.Sc. in electro/mechatronics or equivalent and have some years working experience within electrical and cable harness design. Experience from Automotive Industry and knowledge about Catia V5 and Saber is a merit. You can communicate fluently in English, both in speech and writing plus have at least basic Swedish knowledge with an intention to develop further.
For additional information
Please contact recruiting manager: Viveca Idensjö, +46(0)8 553 535 90 or +46 (0)70 233 19 21.
Your application should include a cover letter, CV and copies of certificates.
About the job
- Title: DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL AND CABLE HARNESS DESIGN TO CUSTOMIZED TRUCK DEVELOPMENT
- Business area: Research and Development
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2019-12-01
- Job Id: 20194295