Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
Scania is looking for you, a cost engineer that understands and want to challenge our costs on purchased parts and tools. This is a perfect job opportunity where technology and innovation meet, in one of the most dynamic and successful transport companies in the world.
Scania Purchasing buys products and services for all of Scania’s units worldwide. Our global purchasing organisation is based in Södertälje, Sweden, and has around 750 employees around the world.
- As a Cost Engineer you have a vital role in supporting the organisation with knowhow in materials, production processes and cost insight.
- You will be creating bottom up cost calculations for products and production tools from both a greenfield (optimal) and supplier specific perspective.
- You will also work in various cost reduction initiatives with the common purpose to reach accurate total cost.
- The Cost Engineer has an active role in the negotiations and supplier selection process together with the purchaser.
- In addition to purchasing, you will also cooperate with the relevant design departments and colleagues within The Traton and VW Group.
- You will be part of a diverse team with extensive experience and short decision paths.
We are looking for a person with experience from a similar role, with a good combination of technical and commercial skills paired with experience from production planning or engineering.
For the right person this could be the next step from a background as Purchaser, Designer or Production Planner with some years of experience performing on a high level.
To be successful in the role you need to have strong analytical skills and deep interest in what drives cost. Good knowledge of various manufacturing processes and experience from areas such as electronics and tooling are a merit.
Awareness of the importance of good service and being communicative is important, as well as to develop and maintain a broad network, both internally and externally. The role involves a large international network and some travel, so proficiency in spoken and written English is a requirement, as well as Swedish.
We offer an interesting and challenging job, with plenty of scope for new ideas. Scania’s culture is characterized by openness, diversity and respect for the individual. Our people are our most important resource, so we invest in employee training.
We will give you the opportunity to develop your skills, so you can grow with us.
If you want to work somewhere that values participation and constant development, Scania is the place for you.
For further information
Please contact Lars Bäcklund (Head of Business Development & Strategic Cost Engineering) if you have any questions, +46 8 553 801 91.
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and copies of any certificates. Apply at the latest, on September the 6th.
Welcome with your application today!
About the job
- Title: Strategic Cost Engineer Södertälje
- Business area: Purchasing
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2019-09-06
- Job Id: 20192124