Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.
As a Design Engineer within the organizational unit Exhaust System Design you will play an important role in driving forward the next generation Exhaust Systems. We are facing new exiting challenges since we now working together both our Scania internal customers as well as the different customers within Traton worldwide.
We are now looking for a design engineer that are interested to be a part of our journey to become a global supplier of world class emission solutions. The positions will be based at the Scania Technical Centre in Södertälje, Sweden and within the group NXDN – Exhaust routing and components.
For this position, you will work with exhaust routing, the connecting between the engine and the silencer. This is a highly complex area within the exhaust system where the challenges for a design engineer is to balance all different properties and find the optimal solution for various customers. To your help you will work in a diverse team with high competence, experienced engineers and a sense of team spirit.
You will be expected to
- From the early stages of the design process take part in our cross-functional teams with the goal to optimise components with regards to all product properties and performance requirements as well as weight and cost.
- Cooperate with simulation and test engineers, and plan the development iterations of your component/system up to the final release.
- Create design models that fully support our simulation and performance driven design work, e g parametric modelling.
- Analyse results, prepare reports and presentations, and effectively communicate your findings within various forums.
- Contribute to enhance the efficiency of our development work together with your colleagues based on lean development and cross-functional flow as guiding principles.
What we can offer you
- A dynamic workplace with varied and challenging work assignments. We focus on a collaborative environment where everyone participates in driving projects forward. As a new employee you will receive the full backing and support from all team members.
- Continual improvement and professional development of employees is a priority for us. The further education of employees, via both internal and external courses, is encouraged and supported.
- Whatever your professional aspirations are, Scania’s varied and numerous career development pathways can help you achieve them.
- State of the art working tools and processes.
- The department you will be a part of is just over a year old and rather small, the distances to the other groups are short and you will be able to influence the way of working within the department.
In addition to extensive personal and professional development opportunities, benefits such as company car, mutual bonus, occupational pension, flexible working hours, training facilities, lunch at reduced prices and much more is offered. If you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, Scania Job Express.
You are a graduate engineer, or equivalent, with a couple of years’ work experience from mechanical design. You have an interest in mechanical design, materials technology and structural mechanics who will thrive in a high paced environment with both individual and collaborative work tasks. As a person, you are positive, committed, motivated and have good communication skills.
Practical knowledge of mechanical systems and previous experiences of exhaust systems would be an advantage.
For more information
Contact Stefan de Bruin, Group Manager, +46 (0)8 553 51985.
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and relevant copies of any certificates. Job-id 20180815. Please apply at latest on 24th of march.
About the job
- Title: Design Engineer – Exhaust routing and components
- Business area: Research and Development
- Country: Sweden
- City: Stockholm
- Last application date: 2019-03-24
- Job Id: 20180815