Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania’s success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
We are now looking for a Network Technician to our Wide Area Network team with significant interest in smart infrastructure solutions and agile working methods.
You will work with services and components within the WAN area supporting our global organisation. You will contribute to the development and implementation of technical roadmaps and ensure quality of delivery for those services. In this work you will be supported by a team of other Network Technicians, a Service Owner a Network Architect and a Group Manager.
You will be placed in a challenging environment with good opportunities for development.
You work amongst other will cover:
- Interact with other technical engineers interfacing Enterprise Network Services
- Take part in design and implementation projects
- Close collaboration with our suppliers
- Secure quality of services and deliveries
- Work close to the customer understanding their needs and how it fits in our IT landscape
- Handling of work orders
- Advanced incident and problem management
- The team has a global technical responsibility which means interacting with other countries where Scania has big presence
- You have a relevant academic education or equivalent work experience in the area of work
- You are structured, customer oriented with good communication skills, proactive, take initiative and ownership
- You have a deep knowledge and interest in Network Technology in general and WAN in particular.
- You have relevant Cisco certification and a good knowledge of MPLS, SDWAN, VPN, Firewall, Load balancers and Proxy servers.
- You feel comfortable working closely with our suppliers, technicians and customers learning from each other
- You are used to work in an agile environment
- You understand the challenges in the network area that comes with cloud strategies and have experience of setting up network solutions enabling that journey
In addition to career and development opportunities, we also offer Scania employees other benefits, such as performance bonuses, a pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and much more. If you live in Stockholm area, we offer a direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, the Scania Job Express.
If you would like to find out more about the position, please contact Jonas Östergren (Senior Manager), +46 8 553 817 31, or Mikael Tammi (Recruitment Specialist), +46 8 553 711 74.
Your application should include a CV and cover letter.
About the job
- Title: Network technician WAN at Scania
- Business area: IT
- Country: Sweden
- City: Sodertalje
- Last application date: 2019-01-29
- Job Id: 20180769