• Proactive maintenance based on operational data
• Compliant with manufacturer’s guidelines
• Repair of manufacturer’s components using Scania Parts
• Early detection of potential failures to avoid secondary faults, unplanned stops and major repairs
• Roadside breakdown
• Vehicle document filing
• Defect reporting
• Maintenance and repair of bodywork unless specified in the schedule
• Repair of damage caused by an accident or by acts or omissions of any third party or of the operator
• Repair of damage resulting from faults in any other ancillary or additional equipment
• The fitment, service or repair of any equipment that becomes a requirement under government legislation
• Structural repairs or repairs to the chassis unless specified in the schedule
PEACE OF MIND
As well as all planned maintenance, Scania contracts include all repairs due to defective parts. So there won’t be any unexpected costs and you can manage your cashflow with confidence.
All Scania maintenance will be provided by your ‘home’ Scania workshop – the one closest to your business. With the majority of work on your Scania being carried out by that workshop, the team gets to know your Scania inside and out.
An unplanned breakdown can mean lost business while your vehicle is off the road. Scania contracts get your vehicle or engine repaired quickly to the highest quality, so your uptime is not compromised.
"For me, the most satisfying part is the diagnostic side - making sure the vehicle is repaired correctly and the customer is happy with what we’ve done.”