Job Title : (Senior) Legal Specialist (Title varies from Legal Specialist to Legal Counsel based on the qualification of the candidate)
Location: Shanghai, China
General Introduction of This Role:
This new role will work together with different functions and assist the Senior Legal Counsel in various legal and compliance assignments within the organization with a focus on contracting, compliance coordination, project support, corporate governance related matters to support the operational needs of the company while ensuring the business carried out in a compliant way.
- Review and negotiate a wide range of agreements related to company’s business and operations, either in Chinese or in bilingual;
- Develop & update the template contracts to promote the business efficiency while control the legal risks in a balanced way;
- Handle corporate governance matters such as the preparation of the shareholder’s resolution, amendment to AoA and other corporate governance related documentations, assist in the company license change and update for the entities within China,
- Provide timely legal advice to other functions within the organization to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Conduct legal research as assigned to support the new business development;
- Other ad hoc legal related tasks as assigned.
- Compliance coordination by assisting in the policy assignment and follow-up of the implementation status of the compliance policies across the organizations within Greater China;
- Monitor the compliance trends, especially in the field of Data Privacy and Trade Compliance within China and make the summary report as case may be;
- Assist in the roll-out of the compliance programs;
- Other compliance monitoring jobs as requested.
- Follow-up on the implementation of contract management;
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in conducting gap analysis on the implementation of the compliance policies.
- Law degree from a recognized university in China and passed PRC Bar Exam.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a law firm or a multinational in-house legal team, candidate with the combined background would be highly welcomed;
- Ability and desire to do hands-on legal work and proactively to identify and mitigate legal risks.
- Responsible, organized, and meticulous.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to recognize and handle confidential information in a mature, professional, and completely confidential manner.
- Desire to learn and possess the ability to understand of business goals and commercial realities in a practical way.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and directed.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in auto industry would be a plus;
- Having experience in data protection, trade compliance and manufacturing setup would be an advantage.