Business Development Director
The main responsibility of the Business Development Director (BD Director) is to ensure all commercial departments receive agreed support in order to successfully sell Scania solutions and that new business opportunities are proactively identified, developed and implemented contributing to the development and fulfilment of the long-term growth strategy. This is achieved by coordinating and managing the respective areas Marketing & Communication, Sustainability, Digitalization & Innovation, Connectivity and Business Intelligence ensuring overall strategy, efficient processes and procedures, staffing and people management.
As part of the Scania China Management Team the BD Director has a strong supporting role to drive the transformation of Scania’s long term strategy bearing the here and now in mind. To develop our business through new ways of communicating and interacting with our stakeholders like virtual selling.
Strong affinity with digitalization, innovation and data analytics is key. Excellent communicator to be able to connect people with current and new business insights.
Develop and Implement the Business Development Strategy —— Define and continually develop the business development and support strategy for the Business Unit also ensuring implementation and follow up
- Actively contribute to the company business planning activities, working with Business Plan and Market plan procedures through a cooperative approach both within and outside own department.
- Define and set the overall strategy and plans for the department
- Ensure strategy and plans are defined for departments within the business development and support organisation including:
o Define the future direction of the team´s – how they will operate and what they will deliver, using the business data they produces and the sales and marketing campaigns they help define
o Ensure a continuous focus on supporting an effective sales process, as a team that must work closely and cooperatively across the company
o Safeguard long-term focus on identifying and proactively acting on new business opportunities
- Continuously monitoring and analysing market trends and activities, recommending suitable actions, thereby identifying and developing the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to increase market share.
Business Development and Support Operations Management —— Develop, manage and follow up the operations on an overall level and for the defined organisation of responsibility
- Oversee and coordinate overall and day-to-day operations in applicable teams/departments, taking an active role where necessary
- Ensure conditions are in place for knowledge-based decisions across the company, based upon a thorough understanding of the market, competitors and customers supported by appropriate analysis
- Promote and encourage a result and customer oriented mind-set in the teams
- Follow up operational results and overall performance
- Identify deviations and generate appropriate action plans
- Ensure implementation and development of structured processes and procedures for departments within the business development and support organisation
- Warrant a cooperative way of working across the applicable departments with other parts of the Business Unit organisation and Scania globally, ensuring an open and effective cross functional communication.
- Lead departmental meetings
- Visit dealers and workshops regularly for development and follow up
- Regularly interact with and visit customers
Manage the Business Development and Support team —— Lead, motivate and manage the team and organizational department enabling high-quality and timely service and performance
- Lead, motivate and manage the team in order to delivering high-quality and timely service to the organisation
- Coach individuals on a regular basis, tailored to the individual need and focused on improving competence used in the daily work
- Conduct and act upon P&D Talks, competence and performance management, succession planning and employee satisfaction surveys
- Set KPI:s and individual targets for the team and follow them up on a regular basis
- Establish and uphold a meeting structure where performance is followed-up, information is exchanged and improvements take place
- Ensure that there is a remuneration system in place that promotes working according to the set strategy, values and principles
Systemize improvement work according to the Scania way (SRS) —— Set agenda for standardized work methods and improvement activities and manage resources within the same department and cross-functional improvement activities
- Set agenda for standardized work methods and improvement activities and manage resources within the same department and cross-functional improvement activities
- Follow up on Improvement activities and goals in connection to the business objectives
- Ensure transfer of best practice between teams within the same department and between departments
- Apply systematic management (setting measurable targets, secure resources, set standards, follow-up, implement learning loop)
- Set a lean strategy (linked to business needs) for whole the operation
- ability to work intensively with data mining & analytics as well as business insights to provide input to data driven decisions;
- ability to follow future trends and communicate these within Scania to assure alignment among relevant stakeholders.
- ability to apply a transformative leadership by combining a deep understanding of digital tools in combination with process and method development in order to reach increased efficiencies. These continuous improvements will relate to internal digitalization activities as well as the development of our customer offers.
- To utilize data as a base and working extensively with analytics, to inspire and guide the organization in developing new method for insights and skills for data driven decisions.
- Higher education or equivalent work experience
- Relevant business knowledge and experience in a similar role
- Extensive managerial and leadership experience preferably in the heavy vehicle or a related B2B industry. Strong understanding of new technology areas such as Digitalization, Sustainability, 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) and the related business & operational models and value chains
- Experience of working with B2B Solutions (SW, HW and Professional Services), preferably with a consultative approach
- Ability to drive business development projects in large organizations and with external partners.
- Proven entrepreneurship skills, from idea to commercialization
- Experience from a position with a large number of direct reports with a P&L responsibility
- Fluent in English
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development, then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.