Supply Chain Sustainability Developer
A brief summary of the provided position as below ：
The mission of the Supply Chain Sustainability Developer is to provide expert knowledge, support and challenge the Scania Purchasing organisation and develop excellent way of working to build sustainable supply chain.
The position drives the purchasing improvement portfolio and responds to the needs of the organisation by developing, implementing and maintaining various tools, methods, systems and processes.
Main focus will be on Indirect material purchase and it is in close connection with the supply chain sustainability developer for Automotive parts. Together these 2 profiles constitute the core responsible for the sustainability evaluation process of Scania supply chain.
Internal customers as well as suppliers are the main stakeholders in the supply chain developer working activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
· Cooperate with purchasing projects in APAC region to develop suitable suppliers to meet the HQ sustainability development goals
· Assist sourcing colleagues in cross-functional way to implement company strategy and build carbon neutrality supply chain eventually.
· Add values by processing RFQ, assist quotation, and communicate with HQ
· Consolidate external information e.g. DS China Commerce Chambers and convert needs into business solutions
· Report to the management team with focus of sustainability meetings, forums, or investigations and suggest development direction
· Conduct workshops, trainings and facilitate meeting with suppliers and other OEMs
· Require and drive suppliers to do business improvement and optimize supply chain environment
· Continuously input progress of activities and the business situation regarding to sustainability to the teams at HQ
· Follow VW group work journey in Human Right Due Diligence /Raw Material Due Diligence.
· Implement HQ's strategy on sustainability and provide feedback on the current situation and difficulties in the APAC region
· Be a representative of the automotive industry supply chain steering group and cooperate with colleagues in the HQ to complete the strategies
· Assist the project leader to implement the localization missions and ensure that the processes followed by Scania sustainability standard
· Working with General Purchasing team such as (construction, IT, MRO , office material, factory material etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
· University degree in Business management, Environmental protection, or Industrial engineering.
· Experience of sourcing and purchasing or other applicable fields preferably from Automotive/ Mechanical Industry.
· Certifications in sustainability issues e.g. carbon trader, human rights due diligence or legal compliance, are preferred.
· Experience in supply chain sustainability evaluation (.e.g. audit, interviews, assessments etc.).
· Extensive travelling might be required.
· Understanding of the business and user needs and ability to support and develop relevant tools and systems in order to build business processes;
· Familiar with the necessary cooperation with engineering, production, quality, sales and logistic related to the purchasing issues;
· Is able to understand other processes within the company and how Scania Purchasing is connected to these. Align and cooperate with other functions outside of Scania Purchasing to achieve the best results by systematically cross function working;
· Ability to assess if users/supplier are compliant to policies, processes, requirements and ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications.
· Create new process or adapt the current ones based on the internal needs
General Knowledge and Skills
· Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations and ensure accuracy.
· Fluent English in written, oral, reading and listening;
· Proven ability to work accurately with figures and spreadsheets in combination with good computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment;
· Ability to understand and apply knowledge within area of responsibility. Ability to keep up to date with new development in the area and understand business risks and opportunities. (Examples of areas: Purchasing, Sustainability, Digitalization, Strategy, Compliance, Finance, Legal) ;
· Takes on the role of an expert, asking and listening to questions and using a variety of techniques and data sources to identify customer development needs;
· Exploring opportunities and taking action, striving to doing more than is required or expected. Preferring to take own initiative rather than waiting passively；
· Able to effectively work and complete group assignments in fosters two-way communication. Works cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals；
· Handling imminent or unusual situations, acting initiative to identify the situation, fully understand, deal with it and implement appropriate solution, calling on references and resources when necessary；
· Creates new ideas, solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges. Solves complex problems through developing new explanations or applications.
· Looks for ways to add value beyond customers’ immediate requests. Enhances customer service delivery systems and processes. Anticipates customers’ upcoming needs and concerns.
· Strong commitment to sustainability and climate awareness.
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development,then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: email@example.com
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.