Sourcing Manager - IT
Purpose of Role
The main responsibility of the Sourcing Manager within General Purchasing is to ensure the procurement of category specific products and services to the right cost and the right capacity, by independently developing and performing activities based on category strategies and Business Plan to continuously improve the Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost focusing on Sustainability (TQDCS).
In this role you further broaden / deepen own professional skills, competences and expertise.
Experience & Qualifications
· Academic thinking level
· Deep knowledge and understanding in procurement of consultancy services. Familiar with competence levels and legal requirement connected to it.
· Solid work experience from relevant role within Purchasing, other relevant role within Scania or externally with acknowledged good results.
Job Description - Duties & Tasks
The most significant Duties and Tasks for this role are described below.
Responsibility for developing and executing the activities in Commodity Plan and Business Plan, for example:
• Acquires and utilises category specific industry, market and technology knowledge.
• Maintains and develops relationship with suppliers.
• Develops and maintains category specific supplier base.
• Continuously evaluate the potential and risk of own supplier portfolio.
• Introduces and phases out suppliers.
• Drives and improves performance of Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost, focusing on Sustainability.
• Ensures long term capacity.
• Coordinates bidders list within VW-group.
• Supports internal stake holders with category commercial knowledge.
• Creates, develop and maintains category strategies.
• Takes part in or leads Strategic Category Management work (if appointed).
• Aligns strategies and activities globally, with VW-group or other relevant strategic alliances.
• Contributes to development of sustainability strategies in close cooperation with internal customer.
Business and sourcing plans
· Develops and executes business plan activities and ensure business plan result.
· Creates and executes the Global Sourcing Plan.
· Identifies and realises savings.
· Ensures long term capacity, availability and cost.
Performs sourcing of products and services by carrying out activities based on category and commodity strategies, for example:
• Prepares and send out RFQs/Global sourcing.
• Analyses offers.
• Ensures cross functional alignment and necessary activities.
• Leads negotiations.
• Prepares and presents sourcing case in decision forums.
o Recommends best choice of suppliers, based Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost with a focus on sustainability.
o Monitors supplier sustainability and quality ratings.
• Realizes savings.
• Nominates suppliers for new and current business.
• Creates contract/orders for signing.
• Handles deviations and changes from contract templates in cooperation with consultation from legal department.
• Develops Contract templates in cooperation with legal department.
Cross functional alignment
Takes an active role in ensuring that activities are carried out and alignment with important cross functions, for example:
· Guide internally in GP Purchasing process.
· Leads and accounts for sourcing activities.
o Coordinates work and meetings.
o Drives and ensures progress.
· Represents Scania Purchasing within VW-group.
Acts promptly on deviations from normal situation to counteract disturbances or disruptions in the supply chain, such as:
· Handles deviations within area of responsibility.
· Resolves bankruptcy situations.
· Supports internal customer’s need.
· Leads escalations.
• Places orders.
• Handles Invoices.
• Updates Price lists.
• Documents work progress and deviations.
• Administrates contracts and price lists.
• Administrates and understands currency and other relevant index.
Proactively initiates and conducts improvement work (routines, processes etc.) within own area of responsibility as well as contributes to the overall improvement work.
In this section you will find the most important recommended competence requirements needed for a role holder to perform the duties and tasks of the role. The competences are divided into three categories:
· Professional Competences are specific for the role. It is the ability to perform the duties and task of the role and can be observed at work.
· General Knowledge and Skills are needed to perform our duties and tasks. Knowledge is the theoretical understanding of a subject and skills are proficiency in performing a physical or mental activity. They are general to many roles.
· Personal Competences are qualities we need to demonstrate for successful work results.
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development,then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: email@example.com
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.