Senior Sourcing Manager – Services
Purpose of Role
The main responsibility of the Senior Sourcing Manager within General Purchasing is to ensure the procurement of category specific products and services to the right cost and the right capacity, by taking a leading role in developing and performing activities based on category strategies and Business Plan to continuously improve the Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost focusing on Sustainability (TQDCS).
The Senior Sourcing Manager, with its holistic perspective, shall also use his or her broader expertise and competence to guide and support colleagues within the group and commodity and indirectly give leverage to the entire groups’ and commodities’ output.
In this role you further master own professional skills, competences and expertise.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
· Academic thinking level
· Extensive work experience with acknowledged very good results from Sourcing manager positions or equivalent, with thorough experience of Scania.
· You shall have experience from more than one role within Purchasing for example Sourcing Manager within more than one category, or another relevant role that brings a broader perspective of Purchasing.
Job Description - Duties & Tasks
The most significant Duties and Tasks for this role are described below.
The Senior Sourcing Manager is responsible responsible for Categories of high complexity.
Responsibility for and takes a leading role in developing and executing the activities in Commodity Plan and Business Plan, for example:
• Acquires and utilises category specific industry, market and technology knowledge.
• Maintains and develops relationship with suppliers.
• Develops and maintains category specific supplier base.
• Continuously evaluate the potential and risk of own supplier portfolio.
• Introduces and phases out suppliers.
• Drives and improves performance of Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost, focusing on Sustainability.
• Ensures long term capacity.
• Coordinates bidders list within VW-group.
• Supports internal stake holders with category commercial knowledge.
• Creates, develop and maintains category strategies.
• Takes part in or leads Strategic Category Management work (if appointed).
• Aligns strategies and activities globally, with VW-group or other relevant strategic alliances.
• Contributes to development of sustainability strategies in close cooperation with internal customer.
Business and sourcing plans
· Develops and executes business plan activities and ensure business plan result.
· Creates and executes the Global Sourcing Plan.
· Identifies and realises savings.
· Ensures long term capacity, availability and cost.
Performs sourcing of products and services by carrying out activities based on category and commodity strategies, for example:
• Prepares RFQs/Global sourcing.
• Analyses offers.
• Drives and ensures cross functional alignment with internal customer and VW lead buyer
• Leads negotiations.
o Negotiates new business/projects, current business and contracts.
• Creates presentations and presents for decision boards.
• Recommends best choice of suppliers, based on Technology, Quality, Delivery and Cost with a focus on sustainability.
o Monitors supplier sustainability and quality ratings.
• Realizes savings.
• Nominates suppliers for new and current business.
o Creates contract for signing.
· Handles deviations and changes from contract templates in cooperation with consultation from legal department.
· Develops Contract templates in cooperation with legal department.
Cross functional alignment
Takes an active role in ensuring that activities are carried out and alignment with important cross functions, for example:
· Guides internally in GP Purchasing process.
· Leads and accounts for sourcing activities.
o Coordinates work and meetings.
o Drives and ensures progress.
· Represents Scania Purchasing within VW-group.
Acts promptly on deviations from normal situation to counteract disturbances or disruptions in the supply chain, such as:
· Handles deviations within area of responsibility.
· Resolves bankruptcy situations.
· Supports internal customer’s need.
· Leads escalations.
Handles necessary administration, such as:
• Places orders.
• Handles Invoices.
• Updates Price lists.
• Documents work progress and deviations.
• Administrates contracts and price lists.
• Administrates and understands currency and other relevant index.
Proactively initiates and conducts improvement work (routines, processes etc.) within own area of responsibility as well as contributes to the overall improvement work.
Guide and support
Acts as a role model in terms of Purchasing ways of working and Scania core values. Actively gives advice, guides, supports and shares knowledge.
In this section you will find the most important recommended competence requirements needed for a role holder to perform the duties and tasks of the role. The competences are divided into three categories:
· Professional Competences are specific for the role. It is the ability to perform the duties and task of the role and can be observed at work.
· General Knowledge and Skills are needed to perform our duties and tasks. Knowledge is the theoretical understanding of a subject and skills are proficiency in performing a physical or mental activity. They are general to many roles.
· Personal Competences are qualities we need to demonstrate for successful work results.
Scania general competence scale when defining required competence level:
1. Acquire: Learning to be able to apply the competence in work situations. Able to apply competence in work situations using support.
2. Apply: Able to apply competence in work situations independently without support.
3. Guide: Able to apply competence in work situations with extraordinary or complex conditions and guide and lead others.
4. Shape: Considered as an expert and motivator
5. Innovate: Considered as an authority in the field, both internally and externally
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development,then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: email@example.com
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.