General Purchasing Manager – IT, Service and MRO
A brief summary of the position as below
This position will lead the local general purchasing team in Scania Production in China, for running General purchasing activities related to Scania Production China operations, the 3rd production hub for Scania globally.
Support the Head of General Purchasing and the global sourcing functions in Sweden for factory setup projects in China.
Objective is to lead local purchasing team and develop local purchaser’s competence.
Area of responsibility (will be subject for additions and changes)：
- Manage and lead local general purchasing team.
- Develop local team competence.
- Support the team setting up and execute local sourcing strategy
- Secure Purchasing process implementation
- Reduce the total cost for Scania
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
• Execute purchasing strategies and targets
• Make RFQ, evaluate quotation and communicate with Head Office
• Work closely with the sourcing team in Head Office and Project Team
• Conduct /Support business negotiations with suppliers in the region
• Locally support all orders placed at the suppliers in the region, including escalations
• Continuously report progress of all activities and the business situation to Head office and Project
• Cultural bridging between all entities within purchasing (SAS/SEU/SLA)
• Follow VW group to achieve synergies
• Adding structure and planning to work situation, defining priorities
• Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
• Able to effectively work and complete group assignments in both formal and informal settings. Works
cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals, valuing others contributions；
• Fluent English in written and oral;
Mandate and attest rights are regulated according to purchasing steering documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• University degree in applicable field;
• More than 10 years experiences in General purchasing, or other applicable fields. Preferably within various
sourcing areas, eg logistics, consulting services, construction, IT
• Experience achieving targets through leading, coaching and manage team
• Experience from working in a global company environment, understanding the differences in culture.
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development,then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.