Business developer- processes, methods and IT
A brief summary of the provided position as below:
General Purchasing (GP) covers all the activities connected to the souring of construction, equipment, logistics, service, IT & service, MRO & service.
The business developer for GP is a key figure to support the daily work for General Purchasing team according to Scania´s requirements and way of working. He/She is responsible for the process development of General Purchasing as well as the user spokesperson for relevant IT systems. The candidate evaluates and improve current General Purchasing processes in order to support the Scania Asia sourcing activities. He/she is also responsible for the IT systems implementation and updates, education of the processes and systems are also important in this role.
To have a deep understanding on the Scania way of working and how purchasing performs its task a short period of training and development at purchasing in Sweden might be required. The candidate will then acquire the necessary knowledge to perform his/her function and spread in the HQ more info on how SAS works.
The candidate will develop his/her knowledge on a vast amount topics, making him/her well prepared to develop in other branches of Purchasing and Scania in general
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
· Understand current cross-functional way of working and IT systems to come up with the improvement plan.
· Review current processes implemented at GP and adapt them to SAS in a proactive way and listening to current users feedback.
· Coordinate and lead the alignment between different production units on processes and methods relevant to purchasing, to make development for SAS.
· Take lead to make improvement activities for internal and cross-functional processes/IT systems and methods, e.g. maintain communication with users, collect feedback on regular basis and implement changes.
· Establish and maintain communication with Sweden and Brasil keeping colleagues updated on SAS, publishing relevant info on specific communication channels.
· Mapping different working processes and IT systems cross-functionally on regular basis to create an updated overview as basis for continuous improvement.
· Make market research to support development on existing IT tools/systems and deployment of new IT tools/systems, including supplier scouting.
· Represent SAS on global IT systems initiatives and discussion, provide input reflecting SAS demand to support localization for global IT systems implementation.
· Take lead in creating processes when new IT systems are introduced, collect local demand and align with relevant parties.
· Hold workshops and seminars to explain processes/IT systems and way of working.
· Train the local team on new processes/IT systems and introduce the existing ones to new employees.
· Support setup and preparation for General Purchasing decision meeting.
· Support General Purchasing daily work when needed.
· Coordinate all above activities with local Sourcing Manager and the Counterpart in Head Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor degree or above, major in manufacturing, engineering or related field required;
· Minimum 5 years working experience in relevant tasks in automotive industry
· Knowledge and understanding of purchasing and supply chain management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Competent in automotive practices, inclusive of supply chain management, knowledge and experience in general purchasing is preferred.
· Build know-how through continuous learning.
· Willing to learn and understand the structure, process and methods of a new company
· Transfer the process and methods currently in use at the HQ to the local purchasing organization with a critical thinking and open mind to changes and improvements
· Good understanding of IT systems to support production and supply chain management (ERP, MRP etc.)
· Establishing deep understanding of internal customers, business development (products/services/solutions) and needs.
· Be able to effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations；
· Adding structure and planning to work situation by defining priorities and completing the work in a systematic, efficient fashion within the required timeframe according to expectations;
· Confident with presentation and oral speech to present result and status of the different tasks
· Be able to explore opportunities and take actions, striving to doing more than is required or expected. Preferring to take own initiative under the pressure;
· Demonstrates the effort, willingness and ambition to achieving results and meeting objectives and respond proactively to avoid disappointing results;
· Able to effectively work and complete group assignments in both formal and informal settings. Works cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals, valuing others contributions; Positive to have long-term collaboration.
· Attention to details to ensure accuracy while working to strict deadlines;
· Proven ability to work accurately with figures and spreadsheets in combination with good computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment;
· Fluently in reading and writing English;
· Willingness to take short term relocation for learning purposes
If you think you fit this description and like the idea of joining a environment with great opportunities for professional development,then please contact us.
Send you application via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a covering letter describing why this would be a good step for you in your career and how you will contribute to the group's success and a CV in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.