An update on Scania Australia's response to COVID-19
Scania is acting to reduce the risk of both the infection and the spreading of the infection internally and externally. From our Head Office in Sweden to our branches in Australia, we are working intensively to reduce the impact of this virus on our people, our business and that of our business partners in order to maintain uptime.
Proactive steps already taken by Scania Australia as part of our coronavirus risk mitigation programme are:
- No staff travelling between Scania branches (to avoid cross-infecting)
- Reduced face-to-face non business-critical meetings
- Additional disinfecting of workplace surfaces
- Observing social distancing and high levels of personal hygiene
- Avoiding person-to-person contact (shaking hands, etc.)
We have also instituted a business continuation plan to ensure critical customer services can still be provided in the event of an infection closing one of our branches. Part of this plan includes:
- Securing spare parts availability, including direct delivery from national warehouse to customer sites, as well as direct deliveries from other warehouses in Europe and Asia to our workshops in Australia
- Providing each Scania Branch workshop with a nominated back-up emergency workshop within a reasonable distance to ensure we can still perform critical break-down repairs.
- Ensuring that customers outside capital cities continue to have good access to our extensive national network of authorised independent service dealers.
- While we may be able to postpone scheduled servicing in some cases, we would prioritise short-term uptime critical repairs
- In the event of a prolonged/sustained interruption to our main supply chain in Europe, we have secondary supply facilities in Singapore that we may draw from
Scania Australia’s strength in our capacity to support our clients comes from the flexibility of owning our own workshops in each state.
Please feel free to contact your Scania representative if there are initiatives you would like to discuss in more detail, or if you have any specific queries.
We remain committed to your uptime and safe and efficient operation.
We appreciate your ongoing support, patience and understanding.